- Must have expert technical knowledge of many of the following programs: AGM-88E, AARGM, AIM-120, AMRAAM, AIM-9X, B61, HTM, JAGM, JASSM-ER, JDAM, JSOW C-1, OASuW, SDB II, or other classified weapons programs
- Highly Desired: Expert technical knowledge of the weapon-aircraft mission systems integration/fusion for end-to-end effectiveness of these weapons from the following platforms: F-18, F-15, F-22, F-35, B-2, or other classified platform.
- Desired: some expertise concerning Electronic warfare for any of the following programs: CIRCM, EA-18G, F/A-18 E/F, F-15 EPAWSS, JCREW, IDECM, LAIRCM, NGJ, or other classified EW programs
- Experience performing system engineer functions to include the planning and evaluation of design reviews (PDR/CDR), technical performance measures, program requirements, system engineering plans, risk, and schedules for DoD acquisition programs.
- Highly desired: Chief Engineer and SEP development experience.
- Experience working in an acquisition program office (ACAT 1D preferred) or on Service/OSD staff overseeing acquisition programs (preferably for Tactical Air Weapons)
- In-depth understanding of the technical and programmatic elements of DoD acquisition lifecycle, activities, timeline, acquisitions, best practices, policies, dependencies, and interrelationships associated with DoDI 5000.02
- Previously supported a senior-level staff in a Military Service or OSD (acquisition or otherwise)
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; Strong analytical and statistical analysis capability; Have performed critical analysis of technical data with the goal of recommending corrective courses of action
- Possess excellent interpersonal and proven communication skills: must have experience providing briefings and presentations to senior-level officials (samples of briefings and relevant analysis/report capability will be required);
- Minimum of ten (10) years of Department of Defense (DoD) experience in acquisition, engineering, operationally relevant, and/or program management experience
- Must have at minimum a SECRET clearance, and capable of obtaining a TS clearance.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering/science field
- Desire: DAWIA or INCOSE Systems Engineer or Developmental Engineer Certification
- Desired: Familiarity with DoD data repositories such as DAES, DAMIR, JCIDS, KMDS, AIR, etc.
- Desired: Previous Pentagon staff experience
- Desired: Creative with strong data visualization skills
- Desired: Master’s degree in an engineering field
Please provide a cover letter to address your experience related to all relevant DoD acquisition and Tactical Air Weapons programs.
Keywords: Fighter weapons, Tactical Air weapons, Air-to-Air weapons, missile, Air-to-Ground weapons, bombs, Lead Engineer, DoD 5000.02, B-2 DMS, AGM-88E, AARGM, AIM-120, AMRAAM, AIM-9X, B61, HTM, JAGM, JASSM-ER, JDAM, JSOW C-1, OASuW, SDB II, Systems Engineer, Acquisition Engineer, Chief Engineer, Fighter aircraft, Bomber aircraft