- Expert technical knowledge of one or more of the following programs: DDG-51, DDG-1000, LPD, LHA(R), JHSV, SSC, T-AO(X)
- Experience performing system engineer functions to include the planning and evaluation of design reviews (PDR/CDR), technical performance measures, program requirements, system engineering plans, risk, and schedules for DoD acquisition programs
- Experience working in an acquisition program office (ACAT 1D preferred) or on Service/OSD staff overseeing acquisition programs
- Understanding of the technical and programmatic elements of DoD acquisition lifecycle, activities, timeline, acquisitions, best practices, policies, dependencies, and interrelationships associated with DoDI 5000.02
- Previously supported a senior-level staff in a Military Service or OSD (acquisition or otherwise)
- Must have demonstrated expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; Strong analytical and statistical analysis capability; Have performed critical analysis of technical data with the goal of recommending corrective courses of action
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and proven communication skills: must have experience providing briefings and presentations to senior-level officials (samples of briefings and relevant analysis/report capability will be required);
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of Department of Defense (DoD) experience in acquisition, engineering, operationally relevant, and/or program management experience
- Must have at minimum a SECRET clearance, and capable of obtaining a TS clearance
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field
- Desired: Familiarity with DoD data repositories such as DAES, DAMIR, JCIDS, KMDS, AIR, etc.
- Desired: Previous Pentagon staff experience
- Desired: Creative with strong data visualization skills
- Desired: Master’s degree in an engineering field
Please provide a cover letter to address your experience related to all relevant DoD acquisition and Ships/Submarine programs.
Keywords: Ships, Submarines, Lead Engineer, DoD 5000, Systems Engineer, Acquisition Engineer, DoD, JHSV, SSC, T-AO(X), DDG-51, DDG-1000, LPD, LHA(R)