DECISIVE ANALYTICS Corporation is seeking a Systems Engineer III (with Test Background). The COBRA DANE Program Office's primary mission is to provide sensor support to the Ground-based Midcourse Defense System. The secondary mission is to collect space surveillance data on newly launched satellites, as well as data on both known (cataloged) and unknown (un-cataloged) satellites/objects in low-earth orbit for the Joint Space Operations Center at Vandenberg Air Force Base.
• Conduct reviews on program portfolio to evaluate and/or recommend alternative plans, improve systems engineering programs/processes, manage/sustain program technical baseline, and design/perform system level tests to assure that subsystems and system performance are achieved in accordance with approved specifications
• Perform program reviews to evaluate alternative proposed plans, systems engineering programs, design, and test results to assure that subsystem and system performance is achieved in accordance with program specifications
• Prepare technical documents which define, specify, and recommend system/subsystem characteristics. Prepares management reports and conducts technical presentations for planning, implementation and corrective action using application of engineering economy principles
• Perform validation of systems, including the development of criteria and procedures. Analyze and/or evaluate the results of major engineering systems
• Provide system/program engineering, technical support and technical training to support programs/initiatives, including but not limited to: acquisition, development, integration, sustainment, continued evolution, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations oversight.
• Provide engineering support services and inputs to program and project risk management activities in compliance with AF SEAM processes
• Provide engineering support to conduct formal trade studies based on engineering performance, effectiveness, cost-effectiveness, cost performance, life-cycle cost, producibility, reliability, maintainability, risk, and schedule.
• Provide technical recommendation support services, including reviews, studies, audits, evaluations and analyses, scientific and procedural guidance, documentation, technical analysis, and support of associated engineering IPTs.
• Provide proposal analysis support services that compare and quantify proposed systems, components, approaches for technical feasibility, compatibility, and cost-effectiveness
• Provide concepts and requirements analyses support services including, but not limited to, reviewing and analyzing:
o Initial Capabilities Documents (ICDs)
o Capability Development Documents (CDDs)
o Capability Production Documents (CPDs)
o Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs)
o Military Utility Assessments (MUAs)
o Concepts of Operation (CONOPs)
o Technology Development Strategies
o FCAs/PCAs, and o Technology Standards Profiles
• Review and analyze system concepts and user requirements that have been approved and entered into a system requirements baseline (functional, allocated, and product)
• Document the review, test concept development, test methodology development, test plan development, test execution, and test reporting, data reduction and analysis, and end-user operational testing.
• Use Design of Experiments methods to plan and conduct test programs.
• Independently prepare (or advise others in the preparation of) criteria, computation/analyses, specifications, cost estimates test plans, and technical reports in the specific area of technical expertise.
• Select and apply engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problem, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity.
• Review and evaluate the quantity, quality, and overall adequacy of results and conclusions drawn from the accomplishment of test engineering tasks.
• Devise new and innovative approaches to problems encountered, and accomplish assigned tasks with efficiency, timeliness, and thoroughness.
• Evaluate the configuration, capability, and operational relevance of test environments and ensure they are properly available for the thorough testing of software releases (e.g. fault insertion/fault identification).
• Deconflict schedule conflicts between multiple releases, providing high-quality analysis and recommendations to the program test lead.
• Operate with general instructions; but select portions of work are reviewed in detail to measure the adequacy of approach, execution, and presentation.
• Valid DOD Secret clearance
• US Citizenship
• Possesses the advanced knowledge, experience and recognized ability to be considered an expert in their technical/professional field.
• Possess the ability to perform tasks and oversee the efforts of junior and mid-level personnel within the technical/professional discipline.
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures and practices in their area of expertise.
• Advanced Degree (MA/MS) and 12 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 years of which must be in the DoD OR, BA/BS degree, and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD OR, 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
• Travel will be required up to 10% of the time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor